I am blogging from my backyard right now. You might ask, how could I have a calm moment outside when I can blog, without having to chase around my toddler? I'll tell you how. Grandpa and Grandma Matthews decided to get sandboxes for the grand kids, and they brought ours down last night and filled it with sand. Eleanor is sitting in her sandbox, scooping sand, feeling it between her fingers, and enjoying her new sandbox toys (we made a trip to Wal-mart today because what's a sandbox without toys, right?) She loves it! And I love it because it will provide hours of low-Mommy-maintenance fun whenever we want it. I might actually be able to read a book!!! Larissa and Audrey will have to come play with us!


This one is from last night. Eleanor was really excited about the sandbox, but she was getting tired. She can always make herself comfortable on Uncle Alex.
Thanks again, Grandpa and Grandma, for my peaceful afternoon outside and for Eleanor's fun in the sand!
Thanks again, Grandpa and Grandma, for my peaceful afternoon outside and for Eleanor's fun in the sand!
That is so awesome!!! How relaxing for you and fun for Eleanor!
ReplyDeleteOOOHHHH how fun! Let me know if you need a good book! I've got a good one I read last Friday night:)
ReplyDeleteVery cool sandbox, although we may have to wait a bit before Audrey can play in it. She's still eating things she shouldn't and putting a lot in her mouth still. Joys. But, maybe soon.
ReplyDeleteDo you just spray her off with the hose to keep all that sand out of the house? And she didn't like the beach at first. Now you just need a little wading pool and a cd with ocean sounds...hey that's a good idea! Thanks Grandpa Matthews!
ReplyDelete