Thursday, January 10, 2008

Our Rockin' Christmas Eve

Whew! I'm finally getting around to posting about Christmas Eve. Maybe I'll actually catch up to current day if I keep at it. It was so much fun to have Beth and Paul in town for Christmas Eve.

Here are the kiddos, Eleanor, Isaac, and Grace, with Grandma.
We adults played our traditional steal the white elephant game. We didn't think the kids would enjoy holding a gift and having someone take it away before they could open it, so their version was to be handed a gift they could open immediately. Eleanor got bubbles, an instant hit. I got a can of sardines, but then my mom, who hadn't opened her gift yet and knew what was in all of them, traded me. I ended up with a few dog treats and ten dollars. Not a bad trade!
Then, we enjoyed watching the kids do some dancing around. Maybe I would have slept better that night if I had done some dancing with them.
Then, they danced some more.
. . . and did a little more dancing.


The kids got to open these cute bags from Father Bill, filled with fun stuff.
Eleanor liked sitting on Grandma's lap every time she opened a present.

And, they got to open one present: matching pajamas. Such cute girls! Isaac's pajamas had a little monster on them; they were really cute, too.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the updates. So glad you're feeling better and enough so to update us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to be able to see what you guys are up to, since I haven't seen you in forever! Eleanor is a doll! I love her curly hair! It looks like she has fun with her cousins! Oh, and I LOVED your Christmas card! Probably the cutest/most original picture I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.