Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine Fun

We had a fun day on Valentine's Day. We started out with a playdate at the park with Larissa and Briggs. It was a bit cold, but the sun was out. The kids had a great time. Eleanor went down the slide once, and it must have shocked her at the top because she kept saying there was an owie in there and refused to go down again.Larissa and Eleanor.

Eleanor and Briggs.

At first, Eleanor didn't know what to make of this bridge. She kept sitting down on her bottom as if it was a slide. I had to hold her hand to steady her at first, but then she got comfortable with it and was running across. She also liked holding onto the rail and jumping.

Briggs wasn't too fond of the jumping at first, especially when he was trying to walk onto the bridge while the girls were jumping, but he eventually decided to join in.

Jumping. If you look closely, they're all mostly in the air in this one. So cute!
After playing for a while, Briggs went to have lunch with his daddy, and we went to have lunch at Larissa's house and played some more until Eleanor hit her boiling teapot stage of needing a nap.

After a good nap, I let Eleanor open her mail. She got a sweet Valentine card from her grandma and grandpa in Utah. When Daddy came home, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Matthews', and Eleanor got to pick out a treat bag that had bubbles and other goodies. All the other cousins came, and she had fun playing with them.
It was a really fun day. Valentine's Day ended up being more about Eleanor, but that was fine because Grant took me out the night before. Grandma Cline came over to watch Eleanor, and we went out for a nice dinner, just the two of us. I love knowing I have such a sweet Valentine every year!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I found your blog from Care's. Eleanor is so cute! I can't believe how old she is!

    It is so nice when they can get out and play. I can't wait until it gets warmer!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.