Paige's mom, Alicia, is legendary (at least in my book) for her party planning skills. Her creativity, hard work, and attention to detail make me want to go home and stand in front of a mirror chanting encouraging words that end in ". . . and dog-gone it, people like me." Seriously, if I were to compare myself to her in this area, I'd feel pretty small. But hey, it's not like she just recently had a baby. . . and moved. . . oh wait! She has! Well, I moved twice. Maybe that can help me sleep at night. Anyways, she's amazing. All moms wish they could be like her. 'Nuff said. But I digress. . .
I could have left Eleanor there by herself or stayed with her. The night before, I gave her a choice, and she said she wanted me to drop her off. When we got there, I asked her again at the first which she wanted, and she still said she wanted me to drop her off. I was a little concerned because she's had a few melt-downs at nursery and a friend's house lately, and I knew she didn't know everyone there that well. I didn't want her to ruin the party. So, I watched her for a minute, and then she came and wanted to sit in my lap (she had hit her limit quickly). I asked her again, and she wanted me to stay. I wasn't going to push it. Phaedra had slept in that morning, and since the party was close by, I was baby-free until toward the end of the party when Grant dropped her off after she woke up hungry.
Later that evening, Eleanor was acting out the events with us. She would tell me or Grant, "I am Paige's mommy." I would chime in and tell her Paige's mommy is named Alicia. She would say, "I am Paige's mommy. I am Awicia." Then, she would proceed to tell me or Grant (it was especially funny when she did Grant) to close one eye while she pretended to put make up on us with her fingers. Then, she did lips and then sparkles on the cheeks. After that, she would say, "You are so pretty!" This was followed by, "I will hold you up so you can choose," and she would pretend to hoist one of us up to get a better look at the tutus. I can't believe she remembered it in so much detail!
Eleanor's friend, "Boo." They tied ribbons to flowers so they could dance with them. Eleanor called them "dancing flowers."
Eleanor getting some flowers put in her hair.
The whole group. Isn't this a cute bunch of girls? Don't ask me to name them all. I'm still learning. Paige is next to Eleanor.
Look at all that tulle!
They're dancing in this picture. I love how happy they look!
Eleanor loves her tutu, and even wore it to help her dad outside, while she blew bubbles-- just part of the party favor she got.
And finally, here's one of the videos I took of them dancing-- so adorable!
Thanks so much, Paige and Alicia for inviting Eleanor to such an amazing party. She had so much fun.
It seriously was the best little girl party I've ever been to. I'm glad she had fun! Boo loves her tutu too!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome. I think for my next birthday I'll have a Ballerina party. Will you come? I promise you a tutu and a tiara!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!! I'm gonna do a ballerina party for Scarlette! :) I made the cutest invites!! haha.
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting the story about Eleanor pretending to put the makeup on you -- I was laughing so hard! I'm so glad you both came and enjoyed the day with us. With so many little girls, and everything being a little chaotic, it's nice to know that at least one of the girls "got it" and had fun.
ReplyDelete