Reading stories with Daddy on her first night without a binky.
The morning after. Holding her new Spot.
Reading stories with Studio Grandpa, one of her favorite things to do. It wouldn't be complete without a snack in a yogurt cup.
Taking pictures.
Trying to get close to Laughing Grandma's bunny.
Sleeping in the car.
Wow! Looking over those pictures, it looks like I never do her hair. It's so unruly even when I do comb/style it. And it doesn't help our case that, given the choice, she'd rather not have it combed even if it's in her face.
This was a rough month for Eleanor. She started out with a slight cold, and as soon as she was well, we decided we were ready (whether she was or not) to get rid of her binky. That caused a certain amount of drama for a while, but things are returning to normal.
Eleanor continues to be a loving big sister. I let her start picking Phaedra up as long as a parent is close by to supervise. If Phaedra is getting into trouble (usually trying to eat electrical cords or paper), Eleanor will say, “Oh. I will get her,” as she scoops her up under the arms and carefully puts her back on the floor in a safer area. Eleanor loves to be like the grown ups who can pick Phaedra up. Phaedra doesn’t mind a bit since her older sister is showing her attention and interacting with her. She usually gets a big grin on her face as she is being moved awkwardly from one spot to another.
Eleanor’s favorite TV show is currently Martha Speaks. She likes to pretend she is Martha for several hours after the show is over.
Our music leader in church says Eleanor is her best singer, and I have heard from other people in Primary that she loves to volunteer and participate.
She’s had some trouble going to Primary this month. I think a big part of it has been the withdrawal from her binky. Another thing is that a new boy joined her Primary class, and both weeks he has been here, he has taken Eleanor’s seat where she likes to sit for sharing time. She is certainly a creature of habit. It doesn’t help the situation that both her parents are in Nursery, so it’s not like she gets taken to her parents and has to sit in a boring meeting full of adults. A bit more effort is required, but she still goes to class.
We’ve had several fun play dates this month for Eleanor to get together with friends.
She is perpetually in diapers. We’ll probably pack her bags full of them when she goes off to college.
Everything she tells you about that happened in the past, she says, "Last year . . ." She's done this for a long time. I think she actually started it around January, so her statements were mostly accurate. Now, things that happened last week are still considered last year. It's pretty funny.
She has also done this for a long time, but I'm not sure if I've ever written it down. I think it slowly materialized over last summer and became what it is currently sometime after we moved. She has a set way of giving loves and kisses at bedtime. The pattern goes like this: rubs (on the back), pat-pats, scratches, tight squeeze, and kisses. She started doing it as a stall tactic, throwing a fit when you would try to put her in bed because she had forgotten (probably intentionally) one of the important steps. It got to the point where we now recite for her each thing we know she has to do when giving loves and kisses so she won't leave any out, and of course, we tell her she only gets one chance at loves and kisses. She is such a creature of habit!
This was a rough month for Eleanor. She started out with a slight cold, and as soon as she was well, we decided we were ready (whether she was or not) to get rid of her binky. That caused a certain amount of drama for a while, but things are returning to normal.
Eleanor continues to be a loving big sister. I let her start picking Phaedra up as long as a parent is close by to supervise. If Phaedra is getting into trouble (usually trying to eat electrical cords or paper), Eleanor will say, “Oh. I will get her,” as she scoops her up under the arms and carefully puts her back on the floor in a safer area. Eleanor loves to be like the grown ups who can pick Phaedra up. Phaedra doesn’t mind a bit since her older sister is showing her attention and interacting with her. She usually gets a big grin on her face as she is being moved awkwardly from one spot to another.
Eleanor’s favorite TV show is currently Martha Speaks. She likes to pretend she is Martha for several hours after the show is over.
Our music leader in church says Eleanor is her best singer, and I have heard from other people in Primary that she loves to volunteer and participate.
She’s had some trouble going to Primary this month. I think a big part of it has been the withdrawal from her binky. Another thing is that a new boy joined her Primary class, and both weeks he has been here, he has taken Eleanor’s seat where she likes to sit for sharing time. She is certainly a creature of habit. It doesn’t help the situation that both her parents are in Nursery, so it’s not like she gets taken to her parents and has to sit in a boring meeting full of adults. A bit more effort is required, but she still goes to class.
We’ve had several fun play dates this month for Eleanor to get together with friends.
She is perpetually in diapers. We’ll probably pack her bags full of them when she goes off to college.
Everything she tells you about that happened in the past, she says, "Last year . . ." She's done this for a long time. I think she actually started it around January, so her statements were mostly accurate. Now, things that happened last week are still considered last year. It's pretty funny.
She has also done this for a long time, but I'm not sure if I've ever written it down. I think it slowly materialized over last summer and became what it is currently sometime after we moved. She has a set way of giving loves and kisses at bedtime. The pattern goes like this: rubs (on the back), pat-pats, scratches, tight squeeze, and kisses. She started doing it as a stall tactic, throwing a fit when you would try to put her in bed because she had forgotten (probably intentionally) one of the important steps. It got to the point where we now recite for her each thing we know she has to do when giving loves and kisses so she won't leave any out, and of course, we tell her she only gets one chance at loves and kisses. She is such a creature of habit!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.