Thursday, October 15, 2009

Doing Better

I feel bad that I haven't let people know how Phaedra is since her accident. Although, you probably haven't been worried since you've been looking at the cute pictures of her in the previous post. Actually, those pictures were taken the day of the accident, a few hours before it happened. It's like I turned back time to before her face was mangled. Eek! Maybe that means I'm the photographer that cursed her!

The point is she's doing better. She didn't have to have stitches (we didn't even go to the doctor). We just gave her Tylenol, held some ice on it, and gave her lots of love.

This was taken the day after the accident while she was oh-so-swollen.
"Aargh, matey!"

This is also the day after. She was really walking that day, as if that was the day she decided she was done crawling. I took this picture in the evening to show the bonk she got on the other eye, as if she was trying to even things out. It's pretty hard to see in comparison, but it was pink and a little puffy.

Cute, chubby face. This picture reminds me of one of my baby pictures. It's a close-up and just pure chub. If only I had a scanner.

This was taken last Thursday. Her wounds are looking better, and she's happy in spite of the face-plant she did in the garage that day. She was so excited Daddy was home that she didn't even pause for the steps; she just kept on walking, bonking her right cheek and forehead.
Happy and patriotic.

But a few moments later, she was sucking on ice after another injury. She became fascinated with putting the flag through the crack between the door and the frame by the hinge. I went into the laundry room, opening the door as wide as possible so she wouldn't go behind it. Sure enough, she came along and started to close the door. Then, she started to scream. She was pinching her pinkie and couldn't get it out. She just got a little pinch, but it could have been much worse if she didn't have the flag stuck in there at the same time.

Eleanor can't miss an opportunity to eat ice.

This is what she looked like yesterday. Her face is healing nicely. I was going to report that she had been injury free for a while, but this morning she smacked her face on the corner of a door frame. Now, she has a bruised line on her forehead just over her left eyebrow. I guess it's just the age, but I don't remember Eleanor getting hurt so much when she was this age. She's always been a cautious child, though. If Phaedra keeps this up, I'm going to have to buy her a helmet.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Phaedra!

    That sweater she is wearing in the last picture is SO cute! Really that picture is just really cute.

    Of course right now Sam and Bryce both have headcolds, but when they feel better, we should get together for a playdate!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.