Monday, October 17, 2011

We’re Okay

Sorry if I worried anyone with my pity party and then no blogging for a while. It was just a long, busy week, and I’ve scarcely found a moment with two free hands. I’m okay. I just needed to vent. I felt better after I got it out, and it didn’t hurt to hear some sympathetic words from my friends. Thanks. My emotions can be a bit like a roller coaster postpartum, with definite highs and lows; that was just a low day.

That night, Grant and I watched a TV show that ended with this quote, and I had a good cry before going to bed.

“You think that true love is the only thing that can crush your heart, the thing that will take your life and light it up . . . or destroy it. Then, you become a mother.”  -from Grey’s Anatomy

We’re doing okay, just trying to adjust to all the changes. I’m trying to take things one day at a time so I don’t get overwhelmed.

In the meantime, we’ve been enjoying visiting with my sister who flew in from Utah with her baby boy (so I could see her baby and she could see mine).

111014_0013Here she is with her baby and with Curtis (making his grumpy old man face). I’ll try to share some more pictures of our time together when I get a chance.

1 comment:

  1. yay for sisters! I'm sorry that I couldn't stop and talk at church. I have a stomach bug, and I didn't feel like sharing it with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.