Tonight, with a little help from Daddy, Eleanor lost her very first tooth.
It was really loose. Grant tried pulling it last night, but I guess it didn’t work. He told her to keep wiggling it. It was so wiggly that she could close her mouth with it in front of her top tooth. Tonight, I suggested Grant put a little Oragel around it before he tried to pull it (man, I wish they had that stuff back when I was losing teeth!). That seemed to do the trick. They went into the bathroom while I made myself busy. I put on a brave face, but I’m so squeamish about teeth. In fact, pictures of other people’s kids like the above one of Eleanor usually make me cringe. Maybe I’m getting tougher now that my own daughter is going through it.
The only screams that came from the bathroom came from Phaedra. She’s very disappointed she doesn’t have a loose tooth and can’t wait until she is Eleanor’s age so she can have loose teeth.
Eleanor was so excited! She loves the new hole in her mouth, and she told me she can’t wait until she gets to tell her teachers at school.
I’ve been meaning to make something to hang on her door for the tooth fairy ever since her teeth started wiggling, but I haven’t gotten around to it. So in a moment of inspiration, we fashioned an envelope with some pipe cleaner to hang on her door so the tooth fairy won’t have to worry about going in and waking anyone up or the tooth getting lost under her pillow.
I don’t know if you can see it in this picture, but she already has her adult tooth growing in on the bottom behind the one that didn’t fall out. I was so freaked out when I first saw it, but apparently, it’s more common than I thought. The baby tooth in front of it is a little loose. I hope it gets wiggling better soon so we can get it out of there!
My baby just keeps growing up!
Do you/did you save your kids’ teeth? My mom saved mine, and I think she offered them to me once I was older. I was totally grossed out and said I would pass. I’m not very tempted to save teeth unless there would be a very good reason. It seems kind of like saving the part of the belly button that falls off. I saved Eleanor’s, but then I came across it a year or so later, got grossed out, and threw it away. I threw away Phae’s and Curtis’ stumps, too.
I am so going to make some cute little door bags for my boys! (It'll be awhile) but mine are both light sleepers so the whole tooth fairy thing worried me. This will work so much better! Thanks for the idea.
ReplyDeleteI don't save teeth any more than I save fingernail clippings. I can hardly handle the lock of baby hair in the baby books! Congrats to Eleanor!
ReplyDelete