Friday, March 15, 2013

Buggy

130311_0005Eleanor’s school has been doing a fun week with a different theme every day. Monday was crazy hair day, and this is the hair Eleanor chose to go with. She wanted to look like a ladybug.

130311_0007She wanted me to get a picture of her whipping her antennas around. This is how it turned out. Her face cracks me up.

130311_0009Phaedra hates to be left out when I get out the camera. She’ll only let me get a shot of one of the other kids alone if I promise to get one with her after, so we got some sister pictures.

130311_0011Not to leave out Curtis, the girls went over to where he was finishing up his very late after-nap lunch (daylight savings time messes everything up—understatement!). And yes, Curtis’s life is filled with the color pink. It’s everywhere. Don’t judge me.

130311_0012I finally tried cutting his hair myself this time around. I was hoping to save some money. He watched me cut his daddy’s hair, and then Daddy held him while I cut his hair. He did really well. My skills certainly leave room for improvement, but it will have to do.

130311_0001Here’s Eleanor before she left for school on crazy hair day. I forgot to have her take her jacket off, so I had to get more pictures after school with her ladybug shirt.

The next day was T-shirt day, where they wore their school shirts or a shirt with a lot of words on it. Wednesday was mismatch day, and this is what she wore.

130313_0001Grant asked what kind of dress up day it was that morning before Eleanor had gotten dressed. When I told him it was mismatch day, he turned to Eleanor and said, “So I guess you’ll wear the same thing you usually wear?”

Eleanor scowled at him and protested. She thought he was telling her not to participate; she had no idea he was poking fun at her.

She very often does dress funny and in mismatched clothes. Sometimes I tell her she should change, but most days, I leave it be. I just love her confidence. She wears what she loves, and she doesn’t seem to care what other people think. I figure she has plenty of time later to worry about what matches and what doesn’t, what’s the latest fashion, and what might look funny on her. For now, she’s just a kid, and I want her to just enjoy being a kid. So I let her dress herself. And I hope when she shows up at school in some fashion atrocity that people see her as carefree.130313_0002

1 comment:

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.