Last night, I got a really bad craving for a strawberry milkshake as we were driving to Grant's parents'. Dana had frozen strawberries, but no vanilla ice cream. Grant, being the wonderful, doting husband that he is, agreed to drive down to Safeway and pick up some ice cream. Eleanor wanted to go with him. As I was buckling her into her carseat, I told her, "Eleanor, you and Daddy are going to go to the store and get ice cream, and when you get back, we're going to make strawberry milkshakes because Daddy loves Mommy!"
Eleanor scowled and said, "No. Daddy DON'T love Mommy! Just Eleanor love Mommy."
Grant immediately started explaining to her that they could both love Mommy, and she immediately returned his explanations with protests that only she could love me. I just kissed her and left them to it. I'm sure they probably argued all the way to the store.
The strawberry milkshakes were delicious! They completely satisfied my craving, although I could have eaten more than I did (and probably would have made myself sick). If any of you are wondering about my intense random craving, you probably are one of the few who haven't yet heard that I'm pregnant again. I'm 16 weeks now, with a due date of Sept. 7th. We don't know yet whether it is a boy or a girl (that seems to be the first question off everyone's lips lately), but we will be finding out toward the end of April. I had wanted to do some cutesy post with Eleanor saying something or wearing something indicating she would soon be a big sister, but time and energy have left you with this. I guess it will have to do. We are SO excited! I am even starting to feel movements now and then, and of course, my tummy is getting poochy.
CONGRATS! How exciting for you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is great news. People always say the second pregnancy goes faster than the first, so I hope you are doing well & feeling good. Eleanor will be a wonderful big sister.
ReplyDeleteYahoo! I have been waiting for you to make the announcement so I could CONGRATULATE you! That's so exciting! I hope you have been feeling okay. Eleanor will be such a good big sister! I love reading about the cute little things she says and does! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteHey there!! I found you on here! I just added a blog account, you ok if I add you? Also, Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! SOOO Exciting!!!!
ReplyDeleteyay for the pooch! how exciting for you! that's wonderful news. eleanor will be a great big sister.
ReplyDeletecongratulations! How exciting, this is when all the fun begins, finding out and then starting to feel the baby. can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Jocelyn! We are right close together. I'm due the end of Sept. I can't believe I am going to be huge and prego all through the summer! Should be nice and hot.......
ReplyDelete