I made a journal. It encompassed several favorites of mine. I like to make handmade gifts when I have time/ideas to do it. I also like to do embroidery, which was included by the stitching on the front. I also have kept some type of journal off and on since 4th grade, whether actually in a journal or through blogging (though I still have kept a journal since starting a blog. I just don't write in it quite as much). Here's how it turned out:
I took a few pictures of the spine before I put the cover on. I love how neat the spine looks all stitched together.
- A water bottle because I always have to have water with me everywhere I go.
- The journal
- A mix CD of some of my favorite songs. I couldn't leave music out. I listen to music every time I clean, ride in the car, work on a project, etc. I just have to have music, and I love finding new songs I enjoy.
- I included Taco Bell hot sauce. Taco Bell food is okay, but the hot sauce is what is my favorite. I'm such a major picky eater that I like salsa, but not the chunks-- just the juice. Taco Bell hot sauce is great because it's just the liquid, so I load up on it every time I go there.
- Trident gum, cinnamon flavor. One of my biggest pet peeves/paranoias is bad breath. I take gum with me almost everywhere I go. Trident has always been a favorite of mine.
- Rook cards. My family has always been a big card-playing family. It's one of our favorite pastimes. Rook cards have been central to all this. We could play all sorts of games with Rook cards. Back in the day, they made them in all different varieties, so you could mix the decks and still know which cards were yours. Rook is a great game also; we've played it many times.
- A dish scrubber. Doing dishes is NOT my favorite thing to do, but these little soap dispensing dish scrubbers sure make it easier.
- I also included a Caramello bar. It's been my favorite candy bar during this pregnancy. It's not in the picture because I stopped at the store for it on the way to the party. I would have included a Whatchamacallit, my usual all time favorite candy bar, but that store didn't have any. If you haven't tried one, you should.
Oh, and I didn't take a picture of it, but here's what I received that was someone else's favorites:
- A Tide to Go pen
- A DVD of Fools Rush In
- A hand-held back massager
- Lindor chocolates-- yum!
- A wallflowers air freshener from Bath and Body Works in Warm Vanilla Sugar scent
- Burt's Bees lip balm
After the party, we hung around Grant's parents' house for a while. Eleanor convinced Grandpa to help her throw a pot on the wheel. I was feeling too hot/tired/pregnant to go out and watch, but Grant got pictures. Now I'm sad I missed it, but oh well.
See how she had to wear a ribbon in her hair just like Mommy?
That is the cuttest party idea and I love the pottery pics.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun! Your gift recipient is VERY happy with her book and has already written in it!
ReplyDeleteI've missed you!!! How are things? How's the house hunting going?
ReplyDeleteWe need to talk!
I can't believe how good she is at that pottery. She made it look so easy.
ReplyDelete