Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Not So Much Livin' in the Seafoam

Many of my blog readers (all three of you- ha ha) have voiced concern over the ongoing title of my blog even though I no longer live in a bright seafoam green house. There are several reasons why I have not changed the name of my blog.

One reason is because I always saw the title as having a double meaning. Much of my family lives in Utah, and I started this blog partly in hopes of keeping in touch better with them. Even though I'm not living right on the coast, compared to them, I'm practically at the water's edge. So, I suppose it would be more correctly named "Livin' in the Seaspray," but that just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Another reason is because, though I no longer live in that house, I'm the sentimental type, and I want to remember it. Even if that house was smaller than most two bedroom apartments and we had the worst neighbor ever imaginable, it was our first house. There were many wonderful things about that house, most of all, the memories we made there. I will always miss it because of that, because those were the days when we started as two and left that house a family of three. Grant and I found ourselves much more emotional than we had expected to be to leave there. So, I guess I have left it as a commemorative title, even though we don't live there anymore.

Lastly, I'm just not that creative. I haven't thought of anything clever to re-name it, maybe having to do with our names or the fact that we have two little girls. Or even something funny like, "Pasty is Pretty." --I love that one, Kat! So, I guess I'm open to ideas if anyone wants to offer one, but until then or until I come up with something better, the Seafoam stays.

1 comment:

  1. Hello my love, this is a double comment for the last blog and the new one.
    I love the family pictures. It's seems like only a year ago that we were all crazy and free. No one was married, no little kids to keep everyone entertained. Times flies and life changes.

    Isn't it funny how you're sentimental over things that you didn't always appreciate? Remember my little red car? You know the one that drove us out to Colorado? When I was in that car accident and had the option of trying to fix it or take money, I wanted the money because it was more than the car was worth. But I began to think that I was betraying my car. Funny or crazy?
    PS: I took the money!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.