After traversing the icy/snowy/slushy roads, we found our street to be the same ghost town it had been when we left. Our neighbor who decided to stay there with his wife, warmed only by their fireplace, told me, "I told Grant I would call him when we got power." I explained to him that we had just gotten our hopes up because of the PGE message. We are still one of 62 homes in our area without power. I guess we just aren't special or dangerous enough yet. We turned the car around and headed back to Grant's parents'. The whole way, Eleanor was complaining because she wanted to make a snowman.
So, as soon as we got back, we convinced Uncle Alex to go out and help her make a snowman. I think Grant and I were both feeling too downtrodden to want to go play in the snow. Alex has been so good to us and the girls through this whole thing. I'm sure having us here puts their lives in disarray, but they have all been so kind. Alex plays with the girls and builds fires for us. He even put Eleanor to bed last night!
Eleanor LOVED making a snowman with Alex. He taught her how to do it, and she worked along with him happily.
After the snowman was done, she still wanted to play in the snow. She even stayed outside when Alex said he was going in to get warm for a bit. We tried coaxing her inside with hot chocolate or a cookie, but both offers were politely declined. A few minutes after that, though, she decided to come in on her own.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.