Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm moving to Arizona!!!

I am moving to Arizona or any other place warm and full of palm trees. Somewhere where my kids won't freeze to death if the furnace dies. Someplace where, less than a week after buying a new furnace, there WON'T be a major ice storm that comes along and kills the electricity in the whole house, taking away the ability for the new furnace to function, causing us to (yet again) flee to the ever kind in-laws' house for warmth after I just got done unpacking from the last time.In Arizona, we wouldn't be braving icy roads to leave our cold (and dark this time) house exactly a week after the last time we had to leave. We wouldn't have any doubt whether or not we would be home Christmas morning. We wouldn't be dealing with a power company who won't even give an estimated time of restoration because they're dealing with over 40,000 homes without power across the state. I've always said I love the rain and the trees, and I've never been too big on really hot summers, but I think I've changed my mind. So, if you need me I'll be unavailable. For the next several days, I'll be in Arizona (if only in my mind).


All I want for Christmas is a warm house (my own, to be specific)!!!!

2 comments:

  1. My dear friend, tell Grant to make more money so you can keep your house in OR and have a winter house in AZ. Let me tell you from personal experience, AZ is not Not NOT fun in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome down here! I am sorry for your winter woes. I bet the girls grandma is loving having you there! Hope you are home for Christmas. I do like the two homes idea- maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.