Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wild Tangent Tuesday: An Introduction

I started this blog for two main reasons:

1. To keep track of all those fun moments in parenting and things that go on in my little family. Basically, probably the closest I'll ever come to scrap booking.

2. As a way of keeping in touch with my family who don't live in Oregon by providing them with a way to access updates about what's going on in our lives.

I try to stick to only fulfilling those purposes with this blog, but every now and then, I'm tempted to publish some random post about what's going through my mind at the time. I get caught up in "mind blogging" rather often, where I have a constant narration going through my mind of what I might say on my blog if I had the time to sit and type it out. If you think I'm long-winded as is, be glad all my mind blogging never gets posted!

But there are some things I would like to post sometimes that have nothing to do with my kids and family life. I've toyed with the idea of starting another blog for all my random ramblings or odd posts I feel like publishing, but basically, that's just too much work! More work for readers to be expected to check two blogs, and more work for me when I'm hardly regular about posting on one blog. So, this is my solution: Wild Tangent Tuesday. The one day a week when I give myself permission to use this blog to go off on, well, a wild tangent from what this blog is usually about. I'll post about who knows what. For example, things I find funny, things I'd buy if I had the money, memoirs, opinions, things that get my goat (we'll see what great number of people I can offend with those ones-- maybe I won't do so many of those). There's a world of possibilities.
This way, I can keep the blog mainly about the kids and family (every other day of the week), and if you don't want to read the extra stuff, just don't bother with my wild tangent posts. Note that this is not a commitment that I'll do it every Tuesday. Besides marriage and family, I'm not so fond of commitment, so I can't get tied down by making any promises. Tuesday is just the day when it is possible that you will see a post like this. So, if you're interested, tune in and enjoy. Otherwise, you know what day not to read, and I'll get some of the blathering out of my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.