Monday, March 15, 2010

Oh How I Miss You

“ . . . wish I could kiss you. Hug you, hold you. It would be bliss to . . .” –name that tune . . . or singer, since I named the tune.

I miss blogging. I’m pining away for my blog the whole time I’m working on all my homework.

Here’s a quick update so I can get my fix and go back to what I’m supposed to be doing:

Phaedra is still getting over her cold. Eleanor caught it over the weekend. She also had some conjunctivitis yesterday, so we didn’t go to church. It is slightly better today, so unless I see it suddenly gets worse, I don’t think we’ll go to the doctor.

Grant has a final tomorrow.

I’m working on finishing up all my assignments due Thursday.

Daylight savings makes me stay up way too late (even more than usual) and feel really tired during the day (even more than usual).

I came up with a new plan that we do family clean-up time 15 minutes before jammies and bedtime routine each night. We all work together and focus on one area (one room, one specific mess, or even something small depending on the night). It is working great! Grant has really supported me in implementing  the plan and getting the girls to cooperate. I feel like we’re finally teaching them to clean up after themselves, and my house cleaning burden is much lighter. Plus, since we’re all working in the same area at once, we aren’t doing our usual pattern of cleaning one room while the girls tear up another one. We have cleaned many of the rooms in the house, and so far, they have stayed that way. Hooray!

Phaedra is teething, working on her bottom canines right now. She already has her top ones. They came in last month, and I have no idea if I’ve already mentioned that. Her bottom-right one cut through the gums yesterday. They have been really slow coming in, and they’ve obviously caused her a lot of misery.

I’m still waiting for a new computer to arrive. We found one way to help adjust the saturation on our current monitor, but I’ve tried correcting things so many times, I don’t even know how things are supposed to look anymore! I think it’s slightly better now. I just hope the new laptop gets here soon and we can re-install things and go back to normal.

I have decided that I don’t think I care anymore how things look; this blog needs pictures! So, as soon as I can get out from under this pile of homework and mess of files, I’ll be posting pictures again whether or not they look right.

We’re not doing anything exciting for spring break. In fact, Grant is likely going to work on a weekend, and I’m going to be the only R.S. presidency member there for two Sundays. So, am I looking forward to being done with my class? Yes. Am I looking forward to spring break? Meh. Take lots of pictures if you go somewhere so I can live vicariously through you!

Okay, I’d better get back to runny nosed kids and homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.