We have now had two days and two nights with no puking whatsoever. I don’t want to jinx things by saying we’re all better, so let’s just say things are certainly looking up around here. I’ve continued to give the kids yogurt, and I think that helped a lot. But I talked to another mom last night whose family went through this flu, and she said some of them lasted 5 days also. It was just a sickness that didn’t want to let go. I can believe that. I felt awful through Monday even though I was done being sick on Saturday.
The girls are so used to drinking milk that they kept asking when they could have it again. On Monday, we told Eleanor she could have it after two more days, mainly because we thought Phaedra would be ready for it by then, so we wouldn’t have tantrums over her being excluded. Yesterday, I wasn’t ready to try giving it to Phaedra, so Eleanor and I had to work out a stealthy plan for only her to have a little milk. Eleanor was in charge of distracting Phae, and she did a terrible job because she kept coming back into the kitchen while I was pouring the milk. I managed to keep it hidden anyway, and I took it to Eleanor’s room and gave her the signal. Then Eleanor went in her room and closed the door to enjoy her milk. The baby monitor was still on, and this is what I heard:
“It isn’t making my tummy sick! I’m all better!”
“Hooray! My electrolytes are back!”
Grant explained to Eleanor a little about electrolytes and what happens when you’re sick. Eleanor has really been interested in electrolytes. Yesterday at lunch, she asked me, “Why did we have to get our electric lights back?” I had no idea what she was talking about. I tried to tell her we never had to get back any of our lights because we never lost them. Then, she said something about being sick, and I realized what she was trying to ask.
I have been dying to scrub this house from top to bottom, but Phaedra has been so whiny and clingy that I can’t get anything done. I have about six loads of laundry that need folded and put away. This weekend won’t help me get much done since Grant will be in class Friday evening and Saturday until evening. At least he wasn’t gone last weekend. I probably would have jumped off a cliff or something if I had gone through all that alone.
I went to a Relief Society function last night to give us tips on reconditioning furniture and decorating on a budget. It was SOOOO nice to get out of the house, away from fussy kids. The sister who taught the class did a really good job, and I got a few ideas. I am so amazed by what some people are able to get done. I have heaps, I mean heaps, of stuff I want to do, but I can never seem to find the time. Either that, or I just don’t have the energy once I finally do find the time. I try to tell myself that some people are at a different stage in life, and maybe it will be easier when my kids are in school. But honestly, I don’t know if I could be that productive even if I was given the time.
I always feel the same way about productivity. I try and think of ways to organize and decorate my house, but then it all just gets put on the back burner. And while I am NOT a great decorator at all, I would LOVE for my home to be more organized. But it seems I never have time, or when I do I use it to read (or be on the computer) I tell myself the same thing about everyone being in different stages, but I think once I have more time (kids in school) I will just use it to read more...lol. Glad to know I'm not alone ;)
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys are feeling better- being sick with sick kids is the WORST! Especially when the illness involves throwing up... yuck. We haven't had the flu yet the Spring- knocking on wood!
ReplyDeleteYeah for day 2 puke free!
ReplyDelete