Sunday, August 15, 2010

We All Rode in a Yellow Helicopter

 . . . yellow helicopter

. . . yellow helicopter100807_0037

During the family reunion last week, Grant’s cousin arranged for his friend to come give us helicopter rides. The experience made for an unforgettable activity. All eyes were on the sky as the helicopter approached, and everyone ran out into the field to meet it. Since there was a limited amount of fuel, kids rode first so they could have their ride before we ran out of time.

Eleanor was really excited to take a ride, in spite of the noise and wind created by the helicopter. It was one of those rare, wonderful situations when motivation outweighed fear. She might have even ridden by herself, but we convinced her to go with her daddy so both he and I would get a chance to ride. She loved it, letting out a big squeal as they took off into the air.

Phaedra didn’t like the noise or wind when the helicopter would take off or land, but every time I asked her if she wanted a ride, she answered me with an eager yes. She had missed her nap that day, and she fell asleep in my arms waiting for her turn. She could barely roll her eyes open when I told her it was her turn to ride in the helicopter. But by the time we were running up to it, her eyes were wide open. I couldn’t hear her say anything while we were in the air, but Grant said she was waving happily as we landed. When we were done, she kept asking when she would get another turn. Since then, she has been very eager to tell people about her ride on the helicopter.

 100807_0035

 100807_0038

100807_0048

100807_0051

100807_0060

100807_0063

100807_0074

100807_0077

100807_0078

100807_0105

100807_0112

100807_0126

100807_0150

100807_0163

100807_0039

100807_0044

100807_0084

100807_0088

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.