Saturday, September 4, 2010

In Which I Lament How Quickly My Kids Grow Up

I know, I know. With me, it’s always the same old story:

My babies aren’t babies anymore!

I can’t believe how fast she’s growing!

It goes by too fast!

What happened to my little baby/toddler?

But it’s true. It all goes by way too quickly. I blinked and my baby turned two. Phaedra turned two this week. It seems like just yesterday she was my little newborn.080902_0042-1a

080919_0004-1a My little two-week-old.

09-09-04-5-1aMy little one-year-old.

100903_0016-1aAnd over the course of just a few days, she grew to be my little two-year-old. She’s speaking in sentences, independent, insistent, curious, and still just as sweet as she could possibly be.

And I love my two-year-old. I do.

Even if I miss that baby and that one-year-old, I always love what I have in my arms. I try to keep each memory, each sweet moment with her locked in my mind, as if I could trap it in a jar for another day. I take pictures. I try to write down little moments. I blog about her milestones. Because I learned from both my babies who aren’t babies anymore how quickly they grow.

4 comments:

  1. I love, LOVE this post - Happy Birthday little Phaedra!! And you are SO right about it slipping by, but trying to capture it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was really cute today in nursery. I feel bad you came in when she was upset (the only time!). We must be on the same wave length...they are growing up TOO FAST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this too! Are you getting baby-hungry? That's a slippery slope! :) Your girls are so adorable, and I think you are a fantastic mom and woman. And your photography is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can your baby really be 2? They do grow so quickly...I'm thinking the same as Jameson is about to turn 6. How did that happen? She's a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.