Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New Dresses

My Aunt Kathleen made these pretty dresses for the girls, so I thought I’d post some pictures to let her see how they look.110501_0004

110501_0005110501_0008Once the posed shots (as much as I can get them to pose) are done, this is what the girls really want to do:110501_0014

110501_0019110501_0020

Phaedra loves picking flowers. Ever since the weather started cooperating enough for them to go outside, Phaedra has been gathering handfuls of dandelions and stashing them in baskets, buckets, and any other container she can find in the yard. She carefully takes each flower out of the container one-by-one, and then she moves them to another container and puts them in one-by-one. She cares for her flowers outside the same way she cares for her “girls” inside.

110501_0021110501_0023110501_0024110501_0026110501_0028

Eleanor was pulling grass and putting it all along the porch rail. She said she was making a Mother’s Day surprise for me. (These pictures were taken the Sunday before Mother’s Day.) She didn’t want me to look over at the porch until she was finished. Eleanor loves surprises lately. If I ask her to do something, she’ll tell me to close my eyes. Then she tells me I can open them once she has completed the task. She pays no mind to how long she actually makes me close my eyes, and Phaedra can get pretty frustrated waiting for Eleanor to give me permission to open them. Lately, I compromise by telling Eleanor I won’t look over at her until she tells me I can.

And along the subject of Mother’s Day, on the morning of, Grant prompted Phaedra to tell me happy Mother’s Day. She gave me a hug and said, “Happy Mother’s Day! Where’s my present?”

2 comments:

  1. Those dresses are so cute! Love the matching sisters. Wesley has really laughed at the Phaedra stories from the last couple of posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dresses are adorable. You have a very thoughtful aunt.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.