Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Beach Trip

Grant and I took the girls to the coast for a week for a family vacation. It was so nice to get away, to have plenty of time to enjoy the coast, and to have time together.

These pictures are from our second day.110719_0001The very first day, Eleanor smacked her face on the cutting board that pulls out from the countertop in the kitchen. I had watched the girls run past it several times, thinking to myself that they would surely run smack into it, and I should do something about it. But each time one of them neared it, they quickly veered away and avoided the collision. Of course, once I had reassured myself that they were aware of its presence and used to avoiding cutting boards because of the way they are always left out at home (—cough— Grant), Eleanor ran smack into it. There was blood, so I was useless except to gasp and holler for Grant. We watched it and decided it wasn’t deep or gaping enough to warrant a hospital visit, but she got quite the shiner from it. Now, two weeks later, you can still see the bruise.

When Phaedra and I woke up that morning, we found that Grant and Eleanor had already headed down to the beach. We hurried to meet up with them and found them just as they were walking back up to the beach house. Phae and I took a little walk anyway while they made us breakfast. Not a bad deal at all!

110719_0002Phae loves these boots, probably because she can put them on by herself. She constantly tries to put them on for outings, only to be told that we don’t want her to wear her boots to the store, church, etc. She loved being able to wear them as much as she wanted during our vacation.

110719_0004

She kept her boots on the whole time until I made a comment about how the sand felt on my feet. She had to check it out for herself. And she did some random walking on tip-toes . . .110719_0010110719_0011110719_0012

110719_0016110719_0017

I love beach pictures. More to come!

1 comment:

  1. I love the boot pictures! I'm pretty excited to see your beach house this month!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.