A friend of ours offered us some tickets to the VIP section at the air show today. Last year, we went and set up chairs on the sidewalk across from the airport to watch it, so we jumped at the chance to actually go inside this year. Here’s a small sample of what we saw.
We came prepared for our girls and all their squeamishness. They each had their own set of hearing protection. Even with that, whenever one of the really loud planes passed by, they had to sit on my lap. Eleanor would say, “Hold me tight!” whenever one came back toward us.
It was a HOT day today. The kids and I stayed in the shade of the tent or the umbrella tables for as much of the time as possible. One time, looking rather overheated, Phaedra and I passed by the drink table. One of the men in charge grabbed us some chairs and let Phaedra play in the ice surrounding the drinks until we had cooled off a bit.
Toward the end, we went back and both girls played in the ice, switching the drinks from one container to another until all the drinks were taken and they just played in the ice water. I can’t imagine how many drinks they went through. I saw them restock the drinks at least 3 times. It was so good to have plenty of liquids to keep hydrated and to be able to keep the kids cool and entertained while Grant could go to the very front and watch the planes.
I didn’t get a ton of pictures of the planes this year. I was busy trying to keep cool and keep kids happy, but here are a few. It was amazing to watch the planes pass each other so closely.
(one upside down, one right side up)
After a camping trip this weekend and a day at the air show, I think I am officially worn out. It has been a fun weekend, but I sure don’t mind if the next few days are just quiet, at-home days for us.
We would love to go to an airshow. Our 9 year old grandson would think he was in heaven. Best wishes for the next few weeks.
ReplyDeleteYour girls are so grown up and beautiful! I finally reorganized my bookmarks so I can easily see all of my friens' blogs. I hope your pregnancy is going well.
ReplyDelete