Monday, October 10, 2011

Pity Party of One

It’s been one of those days today.

I did too much and totally wore myself out until I was too tired and dizzy to sleep when the opportunity finally came around for me to nap. (I get light-headed when I overdo it postpartum.)

My three-year-old has been defiant in every way possible today. She doesn’t seem to care about half the punishments I try to give her. Right now, she’s bawling in her bed. I couldn’t stand her anymore, so instead of our usual snuggle time before bed, I plopped her in there and walked away. That sounds awful, but I’m a softy, and I gave her plenty of chances.

My head hurts.

My house is a mess. My sister is coming from out of town this week to visit. I’m excited to see her, but she’s going to think my house is always a mess.

I just heard Grant, who is checking on my grouchy, crying 3-year-old, scold her for spitting on the floor. Apparently she isn’t done testing us this evening.

I think I just need a good cry.

 

I didn’t get any pictures of my baby today. Here’s one Grant took the other night.111005_0006

2 comments:

  1. We have plenty of those days in our house too. You are doing a fantastic job! Just remember Mosiah 4:27 "And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.

    That should be your personal theme for the next few months. I always feel like it takes a couple of months to get back to a regular routine once a new addition comes to the family. It also doesn't hurt to have a secret stash of chocolate hidden. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those days with 1! Don't stress it- besides, sisters are good for cleaning! Your little Curtis is a doll!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.