We were able to get away as a family for an early anniversary celebration at the coast last weekend. The photo from the last post was taken in the beach house. I love the light in that beach house. The light reflecting off the water on (usually) cloudy days just makes for such perfect photos. I could sit in that beach house and take pictures of my kids all day.
It was so nice to go and just spend time as a family and relax.
There’s something so renewing about the ocean.
Whenever we go walking on the beach, I feel so tempted to trail behind my family and just watch them, let it soak in, save that moment in my mind so I can keep that feeling with me always.
I feel so overcome with love for them.
Even when they’re unhappy.
Grant and I came to the conclusion that 3 is the age for crying on the beach (especially when they do a face-plant running from the waves)—Eleanor certainly went through it, but now she loves the beach. Now it’s Phaedra’s turn to go through this phase.
Grant is mean.
I have tons more pictures I want to post if I ever get the time, but I wanted to at least make a start.
There really is something so idyllic and almost magical about the beach house, don't you think? It is always so relaxing and I always feel so loving toward my family when we're all walking down the beach together! I love all your pictures- your girls and baby boy are all getting so big! We're so excited to see you all in August!
ReplyDelete