Friday, September 7, 2012

I See Spots

My little boy is speckled.

I’ve been watching the spots spread and slowly look darker and meaner. He and the girls caught a virus, although the girls had high fevers and no rash. We’re doing fine. The girls’ fevers have come down with Tylenol and Ibuprofen, and they’re better within a day. But since I’ve been focused on nothing but temperatures and Curtis’s rash for the last few days, I thought it was worth documenting. I know it’s tempting, but I don’t need a diagnosis. I know what we’re dealing with is a virus, and I know what to expect from it. I just wanted pictures of the spots I’ve been watching over all day.

120907_0019120907_0020120907_0022(Sorry for the crotch shot. I was just showing how his thighs look.)

He hasn’t seemed itchy or in pain at all, and the highest his temp has gotten is about 100. I think the virus mainly manifests in little guys his age in this crazy rash.

120907_0017See? Same happy little guy.

120907_0018Still curious about Mommy’s camera.

120907_0002Oh, and did I mention he’s standing?

Well, he has been standing for brief periods of time for about a month now, but lately he’s really concentrating on purposefully standing. Before, he mostly did it without realizing it, while he wanted to use both hands to look at something.

120907_0003Still standing, 5 seconds later (I guess you’ll have to trust me Winking smile).

Over last weekend, he started raising up to a standing position without pulling up on anything. He would just be squatting and then pop up all on his own. Today, it seemed like he preferred to play with toys while standing up or squatting, just because he could. He has also ventured a few steps here and there when he’s close enough to a destination that he feels like he can stumble his way there before falling. For example, this afternoon, he stood up about a foot from the couch and stayed there for a bit, thinking about it. Then he started moving his feet and basically dove with his arms to reach the couch.

Every time he tries something like that, Eleanor practically shouts, “Oh my goodness! Did you see what brother did?” Sometimes her exclamations are so loud that I’m afraid she’ll spook him from wanting to try again because his sister seems to shout every time he does it. But I’m really happy with the way both the girls cheer him on and get excited about each new accomplishment he does. I’m sure it will drive him crazy the way they baby him when he gets older.

Last weekend, Curtis cut another tooth on the left side of his top two, and sometime this week, he cut the one on the other side. When they come in all the way, he’ll have a whole 6 teeth chomping around in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.