Sunday was such a good day. Just as I was starting to scramble to get things together for my primary lesson, Grant remembered that church was sacrament meeting only. So I didn't have to stress over my primary lesson or getting Curtis to go to nursery!
After church, for lunch we had yummy leftovers from dinner the night before. Curtis was still tired and cranky, so I got him to take another nap. I got a wonderful nap while he napped, and Grant fell asleep on the couch while the girls watched shows.
Then we had a summer rainstorm with great big, splooshy raindrops pounding down, and I took all 3 kids out to dance in the rain. Curtis kept wanting to run into the road. I think he could see the water bouncing up with each raindrop and thought it was one great big puddle. After a little bit, Curtis started to shiver, so we all went into the garage and took off our wet clothes. Phaedra had about a pint of water in each of her boots when she took them off. After that was warm baths/shower.
Grant made a potato omelet for dinner expecting that everyone would turn their nose up at it, but the girls ate it up and sang his praises (Curtis had PB&J).
Later, the kids enjoyed wrestling their daddy, had a few stories, and were off to bed. Such a great day!
I love that you got the pictures of it. Your girls will remember that forever!
ReplyDeleteSome of my best summer memories are of playing outside in the rain! How else can you handle Oregon summers?
ReplyDelete