This Sunday is Kari's birthday, but our weekends can get pretty hectic. So, I wanted to make sure I was able to wish her a happy birthday, even if this is a little early.
Since that time, she has been a friend I know I can trust, talk to, share interests with, and call for no reason at all. Our lives have followed similar patterns, so we have been able to remain relatively close in location. Even when we have lost touch a bit (mostly because babies have entered our lives), I have known our friendship was just as strong as it ever was. I knew we could pick up right where we left off.
Kari has many outstanding qualities; it would be difficult to list them all. She is funny, pretty, kind, a good listener. She always seems to have it all together, no matter how chaotic her life is, how little sleep she's had, or how much she has to deal with at any given point in life. She manages to make friends everywhere she goes, and she actually maintains all those friendships! I am horrible at keeping in touch with friends and even family. She is an example to me in this and in so many other things. One of the ways she has been a wonderful example to me is through her strong testimony and the ways she serves the Lord by serving others.
I realize I'm gushing, and I'm getting rather personal, but good friends should be honored. I am grateful to be able to call Kari my friend.
Oh you made me cry! You don't know how I needed to hear this this week. It's been a tough go, and for me crying 4 times in one week is unheard of. Thank you for this post. You lifted my load, as only true friends do. Thank you.
ReplyDelete