Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Best Seats in Town

The city is replacing a water main on our street. Today was the day they worked out in front of our house. The girls are fascinated. It’s like watching a live Bob the Builder show. I wonder what the workers think of their live audience, staring at them from the window.DSC_0811  DSC_0813

 DSC_0815

 DSC_0819

I had just gotten the girls out of the bath, and I had to keep holding them up to look out their bedroom window as I got them dressed. As soon as they were dressed, they went out to the couch for a better view, wet hair and all. The noise of the machinery isn’t much of a bother when both my kids are happily occupied. It does pose a bit of a challenge for naptime, but after I let Phaedra stay awake a little longer than usual today to watch, she went down for a nap like a champ. She is a girl who needs her sleep. So, it should all work out as long as they don’t go on lunch and come back while she’s still sleeping.

If you have a little boy (or girl) who loves scoops and dump trucks, feel free to drive by our house and let them take a look.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the lighting with the girls, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.