Here are some of the highlights of 2009 (whether or not I got around to blogging about them):
January
- Phaedra started rolling over onto her tummy.
- Eleanor started Primary in church.
- I started Wild Tangent Tuesday, my dumbest idea in blogging history. I have since decided that I’m going to blog about whatever I want, and I don’t need a dumb title/schedule to do it.
- We had some major potty training drama with Eleanor.
- Phaedra started solids.
February
- Phaedra started her inchworm move.
- Eleanor and I lopped off our hair.
- Eleanor made valentines.
- We went to the FUN carnival at Laughing Grandma’s school.
- Eleanor got a big girl bed.
March
- We got rid of Eleanor’s binky!!!!!!
- Grant gave me my fabulous camera as an early anniversary present.
- Phaedra started pulling up on things, and her inchworm became an actual crawl.
April
- Eleanor did some photography of her own using my old camera.
- Eleanor gave the Article of Faith in Primary for the first time.
- Phaedra went through sleep training, and we all started getting a bit more rest.
- We had all sorts of Easter fun with cousins at Studio Grandma’s house.
Grandma Mills even got to come for the fun.
- Phaedra cut her first tooth the weekend of Easter.
May
- Eleanor collected rocks.
- We spent many Thursdays at Laughing Grandma’s, taking walks with Uncle Mike.
- Eleanor helped Daddy mow the lawn.
- Eleanor gave her first talk in Primary.
- Eleanor broke the record for the longest time-out.
- Eleanor spent lots of time playing with her friend at the gate.
- Eleanor’s favorite book in May: Papagayo: The Mischief Maker by Gerald McDermott.
June
- Grant started grad school at PSU.
- We had a tornado warning.
- Eleanor’s favorite book: There’s No Such Thing as a Dragon by Jack Kent.
- Eleanor found a creative place to sleep.
- Phaedra discovered the joy of popsicles.
- Eleanor had a campout in the backyard with Daddy.
- For 4th of July, we basically invited ourselves to two different events, and went to the zoo between the two of them.
- I went to a fun “favorite things” party.
- I took the girls to the zoo while Grant was at class. Then, we met up with him, and he showed Eleanor where he goes to school.
- Phaedra took a few steps.
- We said goodbye to diapers!!!! (Well, for Eleanor, at least.)
August
- Attended the Mills family reunion.
- Phaedra got stung by a horrible, horrible hornet.
- We went on a little camping trip as a family and visited Detroit Dam.
- I had been doing yoga regularly in the evenings, so Eleanor decided to give it a try.
- Eleanor went to her first Primary activity.
- We took a last minute trip to Utah to visit family and friends, and Grant spent some of that time in Omaha. Then, we got to visit Grant’s cousin, Brett, and his family on the way home.
September
- Phaedra turned 1 year old.
- We had a fun Labor Day with the Matthews family.
- Another trip to the zoo to see the Predators exhibit.
- Canned peaches, pears, and applesauce.
- Phaedra officially started walking.
- We had family photos taken.
- Eleanor turned 4 years old and had her first friend birthday party.
October
- I played around with photography.
- Phaedra had a bad fall off the couch.
- We all worked together to stack our winter wood.
- Eleanor went to work with Daddy for a day.
- My trusty, faithful, old laptop died.
- Halloween turned our family into Siegfried and Roy and a couple of tigers.
November
- Grant took a trip to Indianapolis, and we girls had a sleepover with Grandma at our house.
- My new laptop joined the family.
- Thanksgiving with the Matthews family.
December
- Christmas tree cutting at Christmas Knoll.
- Dry weather and static electricity.
- Decorating the tree as a family.
- Grant joined the Ice Capades.
- The girls enjoyed the ladybugs they found from our Christmas tree.
- We went to see the zoo lights.
- Spent Christmas Eve and Christmas with Laughing Grandma and family, followed by two day Matthews Christmas celebration.
- Enjoyed a little bit of snow.
Whew!
Who knew you could cram so much awesomeness into one year!
We had a wonderful 2009, and we’re looking forward to all that 2010 will bring. Happy New Year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.