Sunday, April 12, 2009

Article of Faith

It was Eleanor's turn to say the article of faith in primary today at church. She was asked to say the fifth article of faith. We've known about it for two weeks, so we've been helping her learn it. Grant has read it with her each night before bed. I found the song for it online, and we've listened to the song several times. She has gotten so good at it. If she is saying it and you join in, she gets mad and tells you not to help.

Her grandma and grandpa and Alex came to our ward to watch her. I wondered how she would do today in front of the whole primary. It wasn't until almost the end of church that they had her do it. When she came out of her primary class to go to the primary room, we were waiting in the hall. I asked her if she was ready to say her article of faith. She calmly told me no. I told her she could have Mommy or Daddy go up and stand with her while she said it if she wanted. I told her to choose someone to stand up there with her. She said, "Grandma and Grandpa and . . ." I told her to choose one person, and she chose Grandpa. She sat at the front with Grandpa, and when the time came, she did great. She didn't seem nervous at all! Here's a video of it. I didn't catch the first few words because I expected some hesitation. There was none. She just started saying it as soon as Grandpa stood her up to the microphone.



If you don't catch all of it, these are the words:
"We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof."

It was fun to watch the reactions around the room as people smiled as she began, and their jaws dropped open wider as she continued. Everyone was very impressed. I was sure proud of her. That's not something I could do at that age. I remember my mother giving a primary talk for me while I cried in someone's lap behind her. I a little misty eyed watching my little girl go up and recite the 5th article of faith from memory without the slightest hesitation. She did awesome!


And here's a video of her doing it here at home, so you can hear it a little better. She's sitting in Uncle Alex's lap. She likes to "read" it from Mommy's or Daddy's scriptures.

2 comments:

  1. She truly did amazing! I've never seen such a young Sunbeam do this from memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! She did really good, no hesitation.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.