Thursday, December 31, 2009

More Matthews Christmas

Here are some more pictures from Christmas with the Matthews family. The first is one I forgot to include in the previous post. I snapped it as we were just leaving the carousel. These girls were practically glued to their grandpa the two days we were together. It was fun to watch the three of them sitting together, each one so content. Then, every now and then, one of the girls would point a subtle, almost unnoticeable glare at the other girl, whether or not she was looking back (both girls did this at one time or another). They love each other, but they’re not completely sure they love sharing Grandpa. Rather funny to watch, if you ask me. If they weren’t on Grandpa’s lap, they were playing together. Now that Addie is a bit older, she and Eleanor really enjoy playing together as the oldest girls in the family.

DSC_0527a After the carousel, I took Phaedra home so she could take a nap while everyone else went to Grandma and Grandpa’s house. We usually have a “Christmas Eve” dinner the first day and open presents and stockings from Santa the second day. Since the second day was Sunday this time, things were a little different. The kids got to open their stockings as soon as they got back from the carousel. Grant took the camera with him and took pictures, so I can’t say that I know what’s going on in all of them.

DSC_0530Eleanor got a rubber band in her stocking. One of Eleanor’s favorite games to play with Grandpa is “Mister Towel.” They put towels on their hands with rubber bands and have conversations with their towels. She never tires of it, and it’s so fun to watch them.

DSC_0539Each grandchild received one of these LCD flashlights in their stockings. They were a huge hit. Next year, all the adults will receive gift certificates for free LASIK surgery to repair their scarred retinas.

DSC_0541 Here’s one for the Caleb’s Smile Fan Club.

DSC_0542 Can’t believe how grown up Alex looks lately.

DSC_0545 DSC_0549

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cute Christmas card as always! I'm jealous of your snow pictures too! Olivia also loves Fragglerock and Charlie Brown Christmas. {And I'm totally with you on the "stupid" vocabulary! Couldn't they leave that out?}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free Lasik, hehe, that's a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to meet Caleb! I love Eleanor's sweater! I think I got one of those for Elisabeth, but I can't remember and it's taking FOREVER to get here!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.