Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fuzzy Navel

Tonight, as we were getting the girls ready for bed, Grant was reading scriptures out loud while I changed Phaedra’s diaper one last time for the night. Eleanor was sitting on the couch. When Grant looked up from reading scriptures, he asked Eleanor, “Why do you have your toe out of your jammies?” I looked up to see that Eleanor had unzipped her jammies, pulled out one foot, and was holding on to one of her toes.

“I’m putting lint in my belly,” was her matter-of-fact reply. One look at her belly button showed that she had been taking the lint from her toes (there was plenty of it from her fleece-footed jammies) and putting it in her belly button.

Realization came to me. “She’s trying to be just like you!” I said to Grant. Then I laughed and laughed and laughed.

2 comments:

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.