It has become a tradition over the last few years for us to gather as many of the Matthews family as possible to go get Christmas trees at a place called Christmas Knoll. I really love this tradition, and I hope the girls will remember it fondly. We went to get our tree last Saturday. This year, we had a small group: our family and Grandma and Alex, but we loved it just the same.
They have two different tractors that pull trailers. One trailer looks like a train car, and one looks more a hay ride; both are decorated in Christmas colors. We rode the trailer that is more like a train on our way out. I could tell Phaedra liked sitting on the seat all by herself.
Then, the tractor dropped us off and we began our hunt.
And, of course, we played around in the trees a bit.
Eleanor helped her daddy cut down our tree. She’s holding a branch that she found, and it quickly became her special stick.
Then, we went to cut down Grandma’s tree.
And we headed back to get picked up by the tractor.
We caught the one with the hay bales on the way back.
We always have to get pictures on the “Noel Express.”
After that, we go into the barn for hot chocolate and cookies while the guys get the tree bound and packed into the truck.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.