Thursday, January 20, 2011

Beaver Fan

I’m not much of a bird watcher, but I noticed this bird in our back yard the other day and thought it was pretty neat looking. I didn’t take the time to switch lenses on my camera, and I didn’t want to risk opening the door to get a better view. So the pictures leave something to be desired. I tried looking it up online, but I couldn’t find anything that looked like it. I’m really not much of a birdwatcher. It could be something just as common as a robin for all I know, but I couldn’t find a match. For now, I’m just calling it the beaver fan, because it sports those team colors with pride. Anyone want to identify it for me?110104_0007crop110104_0010crop

2 comments:

  1. it looks kinda like an oriole...but I don't think it is one, or that they live out here...sorry I'm no help, but I like what you named it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Varied Thrush...related to the robin.
    good find! I only get them occasionally through my yard. They are one of my favorite birds...remember the Thrush in "The Hobbit"?

    (Grandma Matthews)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.