Monday, January 2, 2012

First Photos of 2012

Here are the first photos taken by my camera this year (taken this evening).

120102_0001Curtis having some tummy time.120102_0003120102_0004120102_0005And for the first time ever, he rolled onto his back. He wasn’t so sure he liked the experience. Way to start out the new year with a big accomplishment, little guy.

120102_0007A little self-soothing, and he’s okay again. He has turned into a finger sucker. At first, he used the first two fingers, but then he quickly settled on the middle two.

120102_0009120102_0010Meanwhile, Phaedra played in a box.120102_0011

120102_0013And Grant read a story to Eleanor. Soon after this photo, Grant decided the Christmas book he was reading to Eleanor was getting the Adam and Eve story all wrong, so he had her go get the scriptures for him to read the story straight from the scriptures instead. 120102_0014Isn’t she gorgeous?

At this moment, my baby is furiously screaming in his daddy’s arms because he wants Mommy (hmmm, wonder why I haven’t been blogging much lately). My 3-year-old is in her crib because she has been a terror at bedtime every night this week (Eleanor has been no angel herself). I really need Eleanor to get a decent night’s sleep tonight with this being the first school night in 2 weeks. I gave up on taking away toys every time Phaedra got out of bed. I gave her one warning, and then I just moved her to her crib to sleep. Thank goodness she never learned to climb out before getting her big girl bed, and thank goodness Curtis is still in the pack n’ play in our bedroom.

I’m trying to blog more—really. I love getting comments from people telling me to blog more often because it reminds me there are a few out there who actually still check this thing. Thanks. I’m trying! Now to rescue my screaming baby . . .

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I checked a few days ago to see if you had gone private and I didn't know. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love reading your blog Jocelyn! I can totally relate. My kids are terrors too! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the other night Grace told me I was the meanest. great way to end the night! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.