We had a really good day on Saturday. We started out by watching conference and having biscuits and gravy and sausage for breakfast. We saw you, Aunt Kathleen! All the talks were really good, as usual, but I loved Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talk. I made a goal to watch my tongue!
Then, it was nap time, so we turned off conference. After Eleanor got up from her nap, we ate lunch and caught a little bit of the afternoon session of conference before we headed out to run some errands.
First, we went to a store to pick up a gift for a friend who has a birthday this week. I wonder who that could be. . .
Then, we went to another store to check out a sale on granite counter tops. We thought the sale might actually make them cheaper than our plan to put on tile, but with the price of labor to have it installed, it is more expensive. So, we're sticking with our plan to do tile.
Then, we went to Portland to the Lloyd Center so we could go to a Dell kiosk and check out their laptops. We've been looking into laptops for a while, and had it pretty much narrowed down, but we wanted to see the Dell monitors in person before we made a decision. When we saw them, the decision was made; we bought one! I am so excited to get my new laptop and get rid of this old, HUGE desktop in my kitchen! We were going to order it online, but the guy at the kiosk found a way to save us money by ordering through him, so we did. Picture this, we're in the middle of a crowded mall, I start out holding Eleanor until she gets fidgety and wants down. So, I walk around with her holding onto my finger and leading me where she wants to go, all the while trying to keep her in a somewhat close vicinity to the kiosk and trying to convince her we need to wait for Daddy before we ride the escalator. Grant works with the salesman and every now and then calls out to me to get me to make my way back to him to answer some question. Sometimes we take turns with Eleanor and Grant wanders off with her while I remain looking at the laptops. I can't imagine how chaotic it must have seemed to the salesperson! Anyway, we made it through and ordered me a new lappy! I can't wait for it to come!
After that, we did a little window shopping and then headed back south only to stop at Fry's to look at gadgets to go with my new laptop. We bought a printer. Yay! I'll be able to print things! We also bought me a number pad that can hook up to the laptop because that is my #1 pet peeve about laptops is having to type in numbers at the top of the keyboard. Yes, I'm a creature of habit, and I mustn't be disturbed.
After such an eventful day, we were HUNGRY and it was getting late, so we decided to eat at a nearby Burger King. Below are some pictures of Eleanor in hog's heaven, sucking down my chocolate shake. I don't think she knows the meaning of the words, "brain freeze", nor does she care.
Then, it was nap time, so we turned off conference. After Eleanor got up from her nap, we ate lunch and caught a little bit of the afternoon session of conference before we headed out to run some errands.
First, we went to a store to pick up a gift for a friend who has a birthday this week. I wonder who that could be. . .
Then, we went to another store to check out a sale on granite counter tops. We thought the sale might actually make them cheaper than our plan to put on tile, but with the price of labor to have it installed, it is more expensive. So, we're sticking with our plan to do tile.
Then, we went to Portland to the Lloyd Center so we could go to a Dell kiosk and check out their laptops. We've been looking into laptops for a while, and had it pretty much narrowed down, but we wanted to see the Dell monitors in person before we made a decision. When we saw them, the decision was made; we bought one! I am so excited to get my new laptop and get rid of this old, HUGE desktop in my kitchen! We were going to order it online, but the guy at the kiosk found a way to save us money by ordering through him, so we did. Picture this, we're in the middle of a crowded mall, I start out holding Eleanor until she gets fidgety and wants down. So, I walk around with her holding onto my finger and leading me where she wants to go, all the while trying to keep her in a somewhat close vicinity to the kiosk and trying to convince her we need to wait for Daddy before we ride the escalator. Grant works with the salesman and every now and then calls out to me to get me to make my way back to him to answer some question. Sometimes we take turns with Eleanor and Grant wanders off with her while I remain looking at the laptops. I can't imagine how chaotic it must have seemed to the salesperson! Anyway, we made it through and ordered me a new lappy! I can't wait for it to come!
After that, we did a little window shopping and then headed back south only to stop at Fry's to look at gadgets to go with my new laptop. We bought a printer. Yay! I'll be able to print things! We also bought me a number pad that can hook up to the laptop because that is my #1 pet peeve about laptops is having to type in numbers at the top of the keyboard. Yes, I'm a creature of habit, and I mustn't be disturbed.
After such an eventful day, we were HUNGRY and it was getting late, so we decided to eat at a nearby Burger King. Below are some pictures of Eleanor in hog's heaven, sucking down my chocolate shake. I don't think she knows the meaning of the words, "brain freeze", nor does she care.
She'll give him a kiss, but he's not getting any of that milkshake!
Those pictures of her drinking and drinking are hilarious. I actually laughed out loud! Yay for a new computer and printer! I know I LOVE our lappy. So glad you had a good day. ~Kari
ReplyDeleteYou've got to tell us when you are coming up our way. We live about 15 min from Lloyd Center!!! We need to get together sometime soon.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea! And to think, we could have mooched dinner from you instead of eating fast food! Ha! That's something Nate would say; we must be hanging out with the Caulders too much.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how to contact you. I'll have to get your info from Kari. If I had known, we definitely would have called you! Maybe next time...