Thursday, May 24, 2007

Isaac's Birthday Party

The whole family went over to Ben and Cindy's on Sunday to celebrate Isaac's 6th birthday.
Eleanor was entertained by this most of the time. She LOVES push toys. Poor Caleb, who is the rightful owner of the toy, hardly got a chance to play with it.

Stu and Care and baby Adelynn.

Isaac blowing out the candles.

Isaac is really into airplanes, so Cindy made him an airport cake. We all felt like terrorists for eating an airport, but we got over it pretty quickly.

Life as Alex knows it when the grandkids are around.
This is what entertained Eleanor when she wasn't pushing the lawn mower around. She saw all the other cousins piling on top of Alex and decided to join the fun. At first, she thought the main concept of wrestling was to just lay on the person.

Then she learned from her cousins and tried some attack positions.


She loves Alex.

Steamroller!
Good thing that diaper is clean!

Nothing makes a good birthday party like an uncle all the kids get to wrestle.

On a side note, (and since I mentioned it a few posts ago) Eleanor has had a fever off and on all week. She seemed to be the worst on Monday. Yesterday it seemed to mostly be gone, and when she has felt warm, she hasn't felt as warm as she was on Sunday or Monday. And even Monday, the day I think she was the worst, her highest temperature was 101.9. I'm pretty sure, and I'm hoping, that it's just teething since she's trying to cut her last tooth of her first set of molars. She doesn't often get a fever when cutting teeth, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. This tooth has been really difficult for her, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the tooth causing the fevers. She actually went to bed early last night and slept through the night, which was really nice. This morning, she threw up, but neither of us saw what led to it, and we're pretty sure (and hoping) she was sticking her fingers in her mouth (as she often does when teething) and gagged herself. We'll see how she does today.

3 comments:

  1. Carter ran a fever almost everytime he got a new tooth...and it also came with the self-gagging. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those wrestling pictures! So cute! What a good uncle!! I hope Eleanor is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE teething. Sometimes you wish they would just all come in at once, get it over with and have one really awful weekend to be done with it. Oh well. I hope she pops it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.