Monday, August 13, 2007

It Seems I'm not the Only One Confused!

I found an article on MSN about tipping and how the norm has changed these days. It has a helpful chart to use as a tipping guideline in different situations. Here's a link: http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/SaveMoney/HeresATip20PercentIsTheNew15Percent.aspx I'll probably still be a cheapskate with services other than waiting tables (I've been there: I feel for them), but it's nice to know a standard. I still just am so bothered that tipping for things like haircuts ever became the norm. Pizza delivery is another one of those. It's really not that much work. I've done it, and I was amazed at the tips people would give me when it seemed like I was doing hardly anything. I loved getting paid to drive around in my car listening to my music. Plus, I could park anywhere I wanted on OSU campus with that light up sign on my car-- even the sidewalk!

Also, if you're in a reading mood, read this guy's article on tip jars. My sentiments exactly!!! http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/ConsumerActionGuide/WhatsUpWithAllThoseTipJars.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Good to know I'm not too off base on my guesses. Thanks for sharing though. Nice to know the norm.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.