Thursday, October 18, 2007

Feeding Geese

Last Friday, we went as a family to feed the geese and ducks. I had found a bunch of stale crackers and held onto them until we could finally make a trip together. The Mill Museum was closed, and it had been a few years since Grant had gone to feed ducks/geese anywhere else. So, we had to call a friend who I knew had the inside scoop on where to feed geese. After scaring away the wild geese (I should have taken a picture! I think Canadian geese are beautiful!) and being politely asked to leave the grassy area in front of the State Penitentiary (oops!), we were directed to a little park just past where we were that had plenty of "starving" ducks and geese, still complete with a view of the state pen. Eleanor loved it! We all had a great time, and I took tons of pictures, so here you go.
Eleanor's first time feeding one by hand. . .

And the smiles that followed. . .

You should have heard that squeal!

Grant called this guy his "friend." This one was not shy at all. It was practically jumping like a dog to get the treat.
Grant took a picture of his friend. It's funny the pictures I get when I hand him the camera.


Look! She's surrounded with no parents right next to her, and all she cares about is dropping crackers!

Videos coming soon!

P.S. Post #100! Woohoo!

4 comments:

  1. There's one that always hangs out there we call gimpy. It looks as if he may have broken a leg (I assume that's what they're considered!) and walks, well, gimpy. He's the fattest one there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I love feeding ducks. Congrats on the 100 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got to put those videos up...that one you showed me the other night is hilarious! I love how she takes a while to get used to things. I can relate to that. Cute girl.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.