Friday, February 5, 2010

Eleanor Kathleen

(Eleanor saw me open the draft of this post and recognized her name at the top. She told me I had to spell Kathleen, because she’s Eleanor Kathleen.)

DSC_0865

DSC_0900DSC_0876

 She’s going to have to learn not to turn her back on me to play in the mud while I’m taking pictures :)

DSC_0910

Here’s a smattering of info about Eleanor (minus anything I can’t remember at the moment).

Eleanor pronounces words very well, but no matter how many times I tell her, she still calls lemons melons.

While riding in the car lately, Eleanor has asked me several times to participate in pretending we are in a carriage.

For some time now (more than several months), Eleanor has had the same request anytime someone reads her a story. She sits next to them, as close as possible, and asks, “May I please be in?” That’s her way of asking you to put your arm around her while you read the story. Eleanor loves to be in. Her parents love it, too.

The other day, I asked her for a kiss. When she gave me a kiss on the cheek, I asked her if I could have a kiss on the lips. She said, “I don’t do that anymore.” I asked her why, and her response was, “Because I’m too far from Jesus right now.”

Eleanor loves to talk about Jesus. She’ll tell us random facts about him (many of them made up). She also likes to point out that he loves all of us, even when we make bad choices. The other day, she told my mother that bad guys love Jesus. We told her we weren’t too sure about that one.

One morning, Eleanor came into the kitchen where I was prepping breakfast and laughed. She said, “Jesus is funny. He made Daddy a boy and all of us girls. Jesus is funny.”

Eleanor does really well with Phaedra. They really seem to have a loving relationship as far as siblings their age can. They’re both fairly good at sharing with each other (especially when asked to do so). I love watching them together when they are at their best.

They certainly like to work together when they gang up on Mommy. Their latest game is to steal the clean socks as I’m putting away laundry and make me chase after them.

DSC_0915

Eleanor just loves the moon. We liked the way it looked the other day on our way home from the park, so I stopped and took a picture. She has always loved the moon. She points it out the first time she sees it in the evenings as if she rarely gets to enjoy such a sight. Maybe when she’s older, I’ll tell her the myth about the man in the moon who is there to listen to your troubles, but right now, I want her get used to prayer serving that purpose (and her loving parents, of course).

3 comments:

  1. She is getting so big! I love it when my kids play together well too. It seems like they (well, the girls) are either best friends or just at each other's throats. But for the most part they get along really well, and make up all sorts of games. It makes having little kids close together so worth it to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun tidbits. I particularly enjoy being "in" and why Jesus is funny. You have some lovely shots of Eleanor there too! Okay, maybe the butt shot isn't lovely per se...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could just imagine her pretending you were in a carriage. LOL so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.