{backtracking 10-29-09}
Eleanor gets a kick out of helping. Sometimes, I have to wonder if it's because she's so starved for entertainment that even work seems fun. She loved stacking the wood that Grandpa dropped off this month. I let her help me sort our huge laundry pile last week, and since then, she has asked me if we can do laundry. She learned quite a while back how to fold washcloths, and whenever I fold towels, she quickly confiscates all the washcloths so she can fold them. Besides that, she has watched me fold other things and is learning how it is done. She can fold shirts, panties, pants, and hand towels. I let her fold whatever she wants to try, and I encourage her and thank her for helping no matter how sloppy it might look. She is the critical one. She is the one who will look at how she folded something and compare it to how I folded another one and decide she doesn't know how to fold that item. I'm just glad when she asks me to show her how instead of quitting; it all depends on her mood.
She has been begging Grant forever to go to work with him. When he leaves in the morning, she begs him to take her with him. When we visit him at work, she tells me I can go home without her. She tells me not to worry, that she will be good for Daddy. At first, Grant said he should check into if they have a bring your daughter to work day, but she kept asking. Grant decided he would have to just take a day off and go into the office with her, and since she was asking him about it more and more frequently, he didn't delay. She got to go to work with Daddy. She kept busy, helping him "work hard." She even met the president of the college. She didn't get bored, and any time I would call to check on her, she would tell me, "I don't need to come home yet." Grant took some pictures of the big day. I'll have to post them soon.
Jocelyn and Grant--Your girls are adorable. Cute pictures. Hope all is well in Oregon. -J & E
ReplyDelete