Monday, February 15, 2010

Love is in the Air

One of my goals this year was to do crafts for my family (at least one a month). I already messed that up for January, so I’m hoping to get more than one thing done this month. We’ll see.

100209_0002-1a I found this idea and thought it would be fun to do with the girls. It turned out to be a bit of a trial of my patience to keep them from getting destroyed before we hung them up, but it was fun. The simplicity of it should hardly put it in the craft category, but I’m going to allow it. I get extra credit on my own personal scorecard for letting the girls help. Once they were done, the girls loved blowing on them to make them dance. Even now, if I stare at the picture long enough, I swear the hearts look like they’re moving. Three of the hearts were yanked off before Valentine’s Day, but it was still fun to have decorated a little.

100210_0020-1a

I’ve been meaning to blog about my new table. When we had my family over for dinner on Christmas Eve, it occurred to me that our small table would be rather cramped with everyone trying to sit around it. When I mentioned my concern to my mother, it was the straw that broke the camel’s (Gary’s) back. This table had been in their garage for some time, and Gary had been using it for a drawing table. He really didn’t need a table that big, and my mother had been trying to convince him to give it to us. Long story short, we traded him for our smaller table, and we got this lovely table and chairs. Eleanor has been thrilled not to have to worry about the chairs folding underneath her anymore, and Phaedra has been climbing onto the chairs and table since we got it. Keeps me on my toes!

We had a nice Valentine’s celebration. Studio Grandma and Grandpa offered to take all the kids and do a little party with them on Saturday night. Even though I was sick and sniffly, Grant and I went out to dinner, to a store, and went and got hot chocolates. Grant brought me flowers after work on Friday. I usually take pictures of flowers he gives me so I can hold the memory longer, but between feeling a bit burnt out on photography and exhausted by this cold, I haven’t been able to bring myself to take pictures. They’re pretty, and it was so sweet of him to surprise me. He always treats me so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.