Friday, May 4, 2007

At the End of the Day. . .

During the course of the day on Saturday, Eleanor decided Kari was someone she could trust and appreciate, and Kari became her current favorite adult. She assumed that Kari was just like any other grandma or aunt and would jump at the opportunity to hold her at any given moment when she gave her permission (or request). As a consequence, Kari suddenly had Audrey AND Eleanor wanting her attention. I tried to distract Eleanor; I even tried playing the same games with her that Kari did. But Kari was a new found friend with whom I could not compete. At first I felt a little bit rejected, but then I realized that Eleanor was acting the same way she does with her grandmas, and she still loves me just as much. No one can replace Mommy. Besides, it shows she's a good judge of character for seeing Kari's worth. So, Kari ended up holding Eleanor much of the day while Grant held Audrey. Kari was such a good sport with our toddler who seems to think she is the only child in the world right now.

After our long day of playing, our girls were ready to go to bed.

Even at bedtime, Eleanor wanted Kari to hold her while she drank her milk. You'll note that Eleanor is holding the baby while drinking her milk.
. . . and patting the baby.

Audrey and her toy gorilla.


Audrey getting into trouble.

Eleanor goofing off in her booster seat.

I can't pass up a potbelly picture!

1 comment:

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.