We spent last weekend at Lincoln City with all the family. The Matthews family came from all around to join us and catch up. I wish I got more pictures of the family that came to visit, but when we're all together, it can get a little hectic (in a good way). It isn't very easy to get everyone's picture when we're such a big group. Plus, some of mine didn't turn out.

Eleanor was so excited to go see the ocean. We had been telling her all day while we were packing that we would go to the beach and see the ocean. She kept saying, "See ocean!"

This is Serena. She is married to Duane's brother, Derek. She's so funny. As we were leaving the beach, she noticed this ridge in the sand and ran to it. Apparently, the second she saw it, the thought popped into her head to hide behind it and pop up periodically and wave to all of us, and of course she had to act on that thought!
Carolyn already posted a few pictures of this, but I had to post it for my family to see. She made these matching headbands for Adelynn and Eleanor to wear. Aren't they such cute cousins? Eleanor was so thrilled to have a headband of her own since I have been wearing headbands lately. Thanks Aunt Carolyn!

Fun on the beach. . .



This is how Eleanor was carried back from the beach. I was tired of holding her, and Grant didn't want to get covered in sand.



Derek and Serena got Eleanor this great backpack set, complete with cell phone, sunglasses, and play makeup. She loves it! And I'm so glad it has a flip-phone; maybe now she'll leave mine alone! I love her googly eyes in this last picture.

Eleanor and Carter.

Grandma and Grandpa with all of their grandchildren together. We're so glad Michael and Lucero could come visit us! (And we can't wait to see them agian.)

Dog pile on Alex (as usual).


This is one way we convince Eleanor she doesn't need to be carried on the beach. She loves to hold the dog leash. I don't think she dislikes the sand anymore; she just has a hard time walking through it. Plus, she tends to be a wimp whenever it's windy on the beach. She has never liked the wind.

She loved playing in the sand. When we told her we were going to walk down the beach, she threw a fit because she had to stop playing in the sand. She soon discovered that she could stop along the way to use her rake here and there.

Cute girl on the beach (with saggy clothes).

She got a little carried away washing the sand off her feet. Grant was holding her up so she wouldn't sit down in the water, but then she saw me bending over and scooping water onto my legs to wash off the sand. Grant let go of her for a second, and she had to do what I was doing. Of course, when she reached down for the water, her bottom dipped into it, too. Since she was already wet, we let her go ahead and go down the slide. I thought she would want to stay in there for quite a while, but after one slide, she was done. She must not like the feel of wet clothes. Such a princess!

I had to document one of the only times Eleanor and David would share a toy. They are both in a phase that isn't very conducive to sharing. This was a very brief moment when they were both content. You should see the other pictures!
I like Eleanor's sunglasses, she looks cute. And your grandkids picture turned out better than any of mine, and I had about 20 to go through!
ReplyDeleteYou got some great pictures! I love the headbands and the grandparent/grandbaby picture. So glad you had fun. :)
ReplyDeleteGotta love the beach...looks like you guys had a blast! Eleanor is too cute!
ReplyDeletelove the oregon coast! looks like you guys have been having a super fun summer!!!
ReplyDeleteThose are some great shots you got! What a beautiful family!
ReplyDelete