My mother is the oldest, then Donna, Sharla, Eileen, and Leslie.
2. Do some fun dancing.
On Saturday, they also provided several crafts for the kids so the parents could play some games and spend time together while the grandparents supervised the children. That was a real treat.
Connor was being affectionate with me. He shows his affection by squishing his cheek against yours. I was happy to receive it.
Grandpa wrote a poem about all the changes that happened to the reunion this year and about how he kept getting out-voted on things.
I told you the skits were wacky! This is my sister, Beth, and her family (minus Isaac) and Mother and Gary doing a lipsink (sp?) to Grace's favorite Carpenters song. Can you guess who's supposed to be Karen?
James and Lia and family, doing a lipsink to a song about how the house is never clean.
Here's Matt and Laurie's family skit:
And a little "Rogers Idol" happened during the skits.

It wouldn't be a reunion without someone impersonating Grandpa and Grandma Nancy.
"Scott Left Texas."
This is the Hathcock family, showing us what family home evening is like in their house.
Kelli (far right) got engaged during the reunion! Her fiance drove up from Arizona, secretly asked her parents' permission during the day, and they took her to meet him right after their skit so he could propose at sunset! I'm so excited for her!
And, it wouldn't be a Rogers reunion without the Hathcock girls dancing around, while Bob (their dad) looks oh so cool.
Here's Matt and Laurie's family skit:
While Scott was on his mission, the Hathcocks danced to the song "God Bless Texas," but changed the words to "Scott Bless Texas." Now that Scott is home, the Taylors changed the words again.
We had SUCH a great time at the reunion. I didn't get much sleep because of card playing. Plus, Eleanor came down with a bit of a cold on Friday and didn't sleep very well as a result. It was so good to see all the family again. I hadn't been to one of these reunions for 6 or 7 years! Too long! Very few of them had met Grant at our wedding, and so I got to introduce my little family to everyone. I have such a great family. Everyone is warm and welcoming to new people and people they haven't seen in years. I am so grateful to be a part of such a wonderful group with so many who have such strong testimonies. I hope we can all remain on the path and teach our own children the important values we learned from our own parents.
To finish out the Utah trip, we got back to the valley on Sunday and paid one more visit to Michael and Lucero. They took us to a little cafe they had discovered while living at the hotel and being forced to eat out for every meal. The food was wonderful. We had empanadas and passion fruit smoothies. Yum!
We had SUCH a great time at the reunion. I didn't get much sleep because of card playing. Plus, Eleanor came down with a bit of a cold on Friday and didn't sleep very well as a result. It was so good to see all the family again. I hadn't been to one of these reunions for 6 or 7 years! Too long! Very few of them had met Grant at our wedding, and so I got to introduce my little family to everyone. I have such a great family. Everyone is warm and welcoming to new people and people they haven't seen in years. I am so grateful to be a part of such a wonderful group with so many who have such strong testimonies. I hope we can all remain on the path and teach our own children the important values we learned from our own parents.
To finish out the Utah trip, we got back to the valley on Sunday and paid one more visit to Michael and Lucero. They took us to a little cafe they had discovered while living at the hotel and being forced to eat out for every meal. The food was wonderful. We had empanadas and passion fruit smoothies. Yum!
Eleanor's hair is getting so long! I love the David pushing Eleanor videos. He is strong!
ReplyDeleteYeah for family reunions! Looks like a fun time. Cute pics!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's a lot of people! Looks like you had fun!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a bendy girl you have!
So much fun...looks like you guys are having a great summer. Eleanor is such a little cutie pie! Oh and your blog looks great...you're going to have to teach me how to make it so cool like that!
ReplyDelete