I'm doing a little backtracking (when I get a chance), so if you notice a post with a different date in the title, it's when it actually happened. It's just easier since I haven't been very good at blogging regularly lately. Forgive me.
I have been saying Eleanor was going to have her first haircut for ages, but I've never gotten around to it. I wasn't very encouraged to do it by the horrified looks I would get from people when I'd even mention the possibility. "What? No! You'll cut off all her pretty curls." But the ends of her hair were getting more and more snarly to the point where she would cringe as I tried to comb it and beg, "Do it soffry, Mommy."
I have been saying Eleanor was going to have her first haircut for ages, but I've never gotten around to it. I wasn't very encouraged to do it by the horrified looks I would get from people when I'd even mention the possibility. "What? No! You'll cut off all her pretty curls." But the ends of her hair were getting more and more snarly to the point where she would cringe as I tried to comb it and beg, "Do it soffry, Mommy."
It was time.
Before "Laughing Grandma" (as she has dubbed my mom --I'm not sure why except that she does like to laugh with her grandkids-- not to say that Eleanor's other grandmas don't laugh) went out of town to a family reunion, we had her give Eleanor a haircut. Eleanor had watched as Grandpa gave Grandma a haircut the other night, so she was pretty excited to join in the fun. Plus, I told her that Grandma was going to cut the owie parts out of her hair.
I got her hair wet in the tub, and she thought she looked pretty funny with a towel on her head like Mommy wears after showering.
We mostly just had her watch herself in the mirror to hold still. She was pretty interested in the process, so she did well. Of course, she is two, so she did have some wiggles.
Since then, Eleanor has declared happily, "My grandma cut the owie parts off," when I have asked her to let me do her hair.
Love the cut. Very cute.
ReplyDeleteBoo is terrified of getting her hair cut. She's even watched me get mine cut, as well as Hero's MANY times. Doesn't seem to make a difference to her. I don't think a hair cut will be happening for this little girl for a long time. (I hope her hair holds up!)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad all the "owie" parts are gone.
ReplyDelete