Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Little Prayers

Eleanor just barely started saying her own prayers this week. In the past, we would ask her to say the prayer, and she would fold her arms and say, "Heavenly Father," and wait for us to prompt her with more for her to repeat. The other night, we were having family prayer, and Grant asked her to say it. She started out and just kept going with her own little prayer. It was adorable. Grant and I were grinning from ear to ear by the time she was finished. This was her prayer tonight (or as close to it as I can remember):

Henny Fadder,
healfy for us,
healfy for da food,
bless we could go to da birthday party,
bless Carter's present,
(shouting) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CARTER!
(Then, she got a little distracted, so Grant prompted her by whispering, "in the name of Jesus Christ. . . ")
(whispering) name of Jesus Christ, (she always whispers if you whisper when you prompt her)
AMEN!
I LOVE listening to her pray!
In case you couldn't tell, we went to Carter's birthday party today, and she had a good time. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.