Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Dinosaur Museum in Utah

We all got up Tuesday morning and headed straight for the Dinosaur Museum. I had to get Mike back to SLC in time for his afternoon flight back to Oregon, so our time was limited. We made it there, though, and had some time to enjoy looking around and taking pictures before we left town. Both my girls woke up Tuesday morning with faucet noses (maybe from the cold water the night before, maybe they caught a bug). They were still pretty pleasant in spite of how they probably felt. It was good that we had a long drive so they could rest in the car.

As soon as we got to Salt Lake and dropped Mike off, we were rushing to another appointment with family. I was ready for bed at that point, but we kept on going! Eleanor enjoyed dinner and dessert with cousins. I enjoyed hanging with family. I was getting a bit frazzled at that point from being hungry, tired, without Grant, and dealing with Phaedra. Phae had gotten decidedly clingy to Mommy. I think I was her only constant with all the change going on, especially since this was her first trip far from home (besides the beach) and her first time with Daddy away so long. So, she was constantly in my arms or fussing at my feet. When she wasn't there, she was trying out the stairs at my sister's house, and I was chasing her because she knows how to go up but not down. So, I wasn't in the best shape for socializing that night. I wish I had been.

Here are some fun pictures from the Dinosaur Museum:

Tickling a dinosaur's ribs.

Uncovering buried bones.

Everybody (except Phaedra and me).

An entire wall of fossils of leaves, creatures, etc.

The big squirrel was Phaedra's favorite.

Standing by the head.

Eleanor got your tongue?

Nice dinosaur. Good dinosaur.

My not-so-little brother.

I got the feeling we were interrupting something.

Be careful where you stop to fix your shoe in these parts!

So tired! Good thing we were done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.