After a rainy breakfast huddled under the shelter from the camper, the clouds let up for us to get a few family photos while (almost) all of us were there together.
Matt is on the far right. He isn't afraid of Paul's cooties, he's leaving a space so someone with the technology can photoshop his wife, Laurie, into the picture. I do not have that technology, so alone he stands. Otherwise, that's all of us. All my dad's kids and their spouses and kids.
Top row: Zac, Grace, Hayden, Brennan, Mason
Middle: Callie, Adam, Ethan, Connor, Isaac
With Grandparents: Phaedra, Eleanor, Sam
Top: Beth, Austin, Kenzie (youngest), Jocelyn
Front: Mike, Dad, James (oldest), Matt
That day, we took down camp. Grant headed back to Salt Lake with my sister, and he got on a plane to Omaha. He worked in Nebraska for a few days as a consultant for his old boss. I took the girls to Vernal to spend more time with Grandma, Grandpa, Austin and Kenzie. Soon after we got into town, we met up at Great Grandma's house to have more celebration of Austin's birthday. Eleanor and Phaedra loved GG's chickens wandering around the yard.
While we were there, I finally broke down and gave Phaedra her first taste of ice cream. After my ice cream was gone, Keeley shared a bite with Phaedra. You could see Phaedra thinking about it and considering what she was doing. She stood up without using her hands, paused, and then took a good 3 or 4 steps to get to Keeley and more ice cream. Phaedra had taken a few short steps here and there before, but that was the longest distance I had ever seen her cover. After that, the girls kept trying to convince her to do it again. It didn't really work, but she got a lot of attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment! I read all of them.