{Backtracking –May 17, 2009}
For the last few weeks, Phaedra has had a favorite place to hide things: in her shirt.
(These aren’t the best pictures, but they’re fun!)
Here she is, hiding my phone.
You can just see the corner of it peeking out from behind her shirt.
Once she gets her hidden object inside, she gives it a few pat-pats.
Then, she tries to retrieve it.
The other day, I put her in the exersaucer so I could shower. I know she’s way too old to put her in an exersaucer, but if I don’t, she constantly comes and opens my shower door, freezing me to death, and throws a tantrum if I shut it before she gets around to shutting it herself. Also, she’s quite pleasant in the exersaucer as she waits for me to be done showering and release her. Anyways, I put her in the exersaucer with a few pretzel sticks to snack on. When I got out of the shower, I found that she had put quite a few pretzels in her favorite hiding place and was unable to retrieve them. Also, her attempts at removing them combined with her motions in the exersaucer had crushed them up substantially. I had to her over the kitchen sink as I unsnapped her onesie and brush her off.
Her hiding place certainly makes life interesting. We find random things in her onesies when we change her into jammies, and every now and then, something shows up in her diaper that clearly hasn’t traveled through her digestive system (thank goodness).
That makes me laugh. I still put Bryce in the excersaucer a lot when I shower. Sometimes I am brave and leave him to roam, but he is a very....curious child, and still gets into things he shouldn't on occasion. (The garbage more then just on occasion) I never put the girls in there past like 9 months, they hated it. But he is still in there at least a few times a week and he is 17 months.
ReplyDeleteI say if it works keep doing it! :)